These ‘ burgers’ are packed full of protein, easy to make and perfect to eat cold the next day. Serve with oil free chips or wedges or throw them in with a salad.
- 1 tin chickpeas (washed and drained)
- 2 tablespoons chickpea flour or spelt flour
- 1 red onion
- 2 large cloves garlic finely chopped
- mushrooms (large handful)
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- Half teaspoon sea salt
- Half medium sized apple grated
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary (finely chopped)
- 1 medium sized tomato
How to make:
Mash the chickpeas with a potato masher in a large bowl.
Sautee the onion garlic and mushrooms in a splash of water ( use oil if you prefer) until soft.
Grate the apple and finely chop the tomato.
Put the flour, herbs, tahini, tomato and apple in the same bowl and mix into a paste.
Mix all ingredients together and add the salt.
Place on a baking tray and mold into the desired shape (I use a large spoon to dolop mixture into tray then lightly shape with my hands) line tray with baking paper and bake for approx 25 – 35 minutes on 180